Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Therapy

Some people find comfort,
maybe even a little bit of peace in visiting a graveside.
One may turn to this place to release emotions,
to think out loud, feeling that their loved one is "there"
I cannot escape to this place, Virginia is just to far away.
Someday, maybe.

I wish...with all my heart that I could  figure out why I have been so affected by Ethan's death.
A friend said, maybe it is because he was here, (in Utah)
4 years old, and all alone.
He had no-one to stand over him,
to fight for him, to protect him.
This beautiful boy lived here for just under 10 days with who he
believed was his mommy but turned out to be a monster,
a monster that lived with the Devil himself.
I have had such a struggle in finding my peace with all that Ethan endured.

I have visited a few gravesides; my grandparents, some close friends....
Quietly, I say a little prayer, I love you and goodbye,
until next time of course.
While I very much miss my friends and family that have passed,
I have never experienced the emotions that I feel
when I visit the sacred piece of empty ground up Ogden Canyon.
There is a place near Powder Mountain, Wolff Canyon to be exact,
just off the trail a bit, that Ethan Stacy's body once lied.
Although he is no longer there, even if it is not real,
I have found some comfort in visiting this graveside.
Thank you to my new/dear friend Klint for locating this grave
and marking it with such a Beautiful Justice Cross.

Justin and I along with Lucinda and Dave
went up to visit this past weekend.
I took 5 blue star birthday balloons
(Ethan would have been 5 on September 22nd)
and a soft light brown teddy bear to accompany the angel I left up there a few weeks ago.
Lucinda brought "bug" transformers!
A Bee, Dragon Fly and some other bugs, Perfect!!

I know he is not there, but visiting.... is my therapy.

I do believe that Ethan knows we're there,
he loves us and he's smiling down on us.
I also believe that Ethan's death will not be in vain.
I believe that Justice will be prevailed.
I believe in Triumph over Tragedy

I am very grateful, for you have given me so much angel.
You continue to influence my life everyday.
Keeping you close to my heart, as always.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Tammy ! I also KNOW Ethan's spirit is there with us every time we go there. It is peaceful and very beautiful. I also thank Klint for the amazing job he did to make that a place we can go visit, heal and feel some peace. Love ya girl

Jamie Nelson said...

Tammy you have put this into words beautifully. There are days when everything seems to be ok and there are days when this hits hard....a little boy that is 4 years old that has no idea what is happening. I am just happy that he did not endure this abuse for a long period of time. Justice will be served. Ethan is blessed to have his angels in Utah. God Bless you and your family