Sunday, May 23, 2010

Walk for Ethan Stacy

Saturday May 22nd,
Shannon & I went on, The Walk for Justice for Ethan Stacy.
It was an amazing experience!!
The walk started at 9am at the Layton Meadows Apts
where Ethan spent his last few days.
I caught myself standing there starring
at the door that Ethan once lived behind.
My mind started to fill with terror & tears.
They began the moment of silence and as I looked down at the ground
I noticed some flowers that someone had planted in honor of Ethan.
Through all the rain, wind and mud...
they were standing strong and vibrant.
We had a prayer and began our 10.5 mile journey.

I am not sure that I have ever walked 1 mile much less 10 miles!
...thinking of Ethan helped me to go all the way.
He didn't get a break- I wasn't taking one either.
Hundreds of people showed up to support Ethan's voice.
Even children...a lot of children actually!
Many people felt very strongly that he was with us this day...
Along the way we saw ponies, goats, puppies...
The forecast was announced to be 50 degree's with rain,
turned out to be partly cloudy and warm!
We all carried a white balloon on our walk-
we were asked to write a message on it or simply just sign our name
so that once we reached our destination,
we would send them off to Ethan in the sky.
I am so grateful to the wonderful people who put this walk together
to show the family of Ethan our love and support!


Our journey ended 10.5 miles later at the Davis County Jail.
The children put there blue pinwheels in the ground for Ethan.
There was even a few woman that showed up all the way from
Grundy, VA just to walk for Ethan. Amazing!
After stretching out for a minute-I sat down-took off my shoes
and noticed a blood stain on the heel of my left shoe.
I have blisters...I am sore...but it was worth every mile.
I would do it again!
I know that by doing this walk today,
We SAID something...We STOOD for something...
to never forget Ethan, as well as to always look out for children
that are being abused, and to put a stop to it!

Today I Walked for Ethan Stacy...
I Walked for Child Abuse Awareness...
I Walked for Justice...
I Walked to be his voice...
Ethan you've touched our hearts and we will never forget you!
Sweet Dreams Beautiful Boy


Virginia's Walk





Ethan's Poem (above):

In the Heavens above,
I felt all of the love,
And saw everyone walking for me.
I couldn't help stare,
At my name everywhere,
Even on the balloons they set free.
I was smiling at you,
In your shirts white & blue,
And I put little signs all around.
Little signs you could read,
Little ponies to feed,
Pretty flowers to smell on the ground.
I want to thank everyone,
For all you have done,
So many that showed that they cared.
Please make it a vow,
to remember somehow,
All this love that we all have shared.

No comments: